Friday, May 13, 2011

I LOVE YOU

My college wrote a blog called Freedom, it is about how Americans show affection in the USA. Thi is from Vietnam and has only been in the US for about 2 years. In her blog she talks about how she loves it when she hears American’s say “I love you” or when couples give each other a kiss in public. Thi said that in Vietnam she was taught to keep her emotions to herself and that showing affection in public was considered rude.

I LOVE EVERYONE! I will admit that sometimes I get myself in trouble because I am so affectionate and outgoing… but I can’t help it! I love talking to new people and getting to know them. I make eye contact and smile a lot when I talk to people and I love to give hugs or handshakes.  I also tell my friends and family that I love them all the time. Some of my friends think I am crazy for saying it, they feel like saying “love” is a powerful thing (it is!) but I love lots of people and want them to know that! The love for my children is different then the love for my friends and the love for my family members is different then the love for a boyfriend or husband… but love is love and when you feel it, why not say it!?

We are a nation of “touchy-feely people” and I love it! I also love to 'people watch', I know it sounds creepy, but again….I can’t help it! It is so interesting to watch how men and women react to each other, especially at a bar! They lean in towards each other, looking into each other’s eyes, the girl might touch his arm while laughing (fakely) at one of his jokes, he might touch her leg on “accident” when reaching for his beer…and then by the end of the night (after a few beers) they are walking to their cars with their arms entangled with each other like they have known each other forever. It’s amazing to watch. Touching is a powerful thing!

Pregnancy! Ah, the glow of a pregnant woman is wonderful! When I see a pregnant woman it is hard for me not to reach out and touch the miraculous baby bump! I know how annoying that can be when YOU are the pregnant mom getting touched by random people (I have 3 children of my own) but those bellies just look so touchable!

I understand that some people HATE people like me, but who cares! The warm touch of another person is an amazing thing, connecting us as humans. Life is all about experiences, so make some! Next time you are out, shake a hand or give a hug to a person you don’t know and spread the love… it’s the American way!

“I love you!”


funny clips about LOVE and "touchy-feely people"




1 comment:

  1. Amy! I LOVE YOU, TOO! I especially love the part about the "touchable pregnant bellies!" I have customers who would probably karate chop you if you touched their bump and others who beg for you to touch to make their baby dance! Sending big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete